One of the most dramatic scenarios that flames the fear in enterprises is the challenge of recovering from a disaster. There is no doubt that in today's information age there is a growing demand for organizations to recover from Down Time as quickly as possible.
The main reasons for this critical need:
- Enterprises’ end-users ( internal/ external) expect continual availability around the clock
- IT systems are essential for ongoing business operations
- Over 40 % of businesses that experienced a disaster went bankrupt within a year
- Over 80 % of businesses that experienced a disaster went bankrupt within three years
- In cases of fire, over 40% of businesses shut down
- Over 30% of backups do not meet sound recovery standards
The solution offered:
We Ankor’s proposed solution comprises of an all-inclusive disaster recovery service, enabling ongoing synchronization of the enterprise IT systems with the cloud infrastructure.
Synchronization occurs on a dedicated communication line or Internet infrastructure running between the client site and the cloud. At the advent of a disaster, you can operate an isolated server, or group of servers in a matter of a few hours in the backup site. The solution includes Firewall services for emergency servers, and remote user access based on VPN and SSL. The service comes with two recovery tests with no production system downtime.
Outstanding benefits of disaster recovery services:
- A cost-free backup site solution with no significant setup
- No need to purchase equipment including backup servers, storage system and communication equipment, and there is no need to rent floor space for system storage
- Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective by the supplier
- Ongoing monitoring of data synchronization and information updates in the site will be managed and maintained by the supplier as opposed to local maintenance based on “available time”
- A performance level identical to the level at the production site – the customer does not need to compromise on the performance level, as is the case when providing locally based backup solutions
- An option to perform two full recovery tests annually, without the need for downtime
- A dynamic backup site that does not rely on the operating system version, applications and updates / upgrades that occur at the customer’s production site
- The solution includes a FIREWALL and Internet access (for external services), without any ongoing costs